Pick up the phone and call your State Senator today to lobby for progressive legislation like voting reform, juvenile justice and education spending, or on any issues that matter to you: MTA fare hikes, free SUNY and CUNY tuition, ethics reform, the Millionaire Tax, and more. Here’s your chance to talk to a real, live human being and get answers to your questions. As we all know from the Indivisible Guide, calls are very important!
If Simcha Felder is your State Senator, ask him why he’s so fond of plastic bags and pedestrian deaths. Of course, if you are unfortunate enough to live in an IDC district, don’t hesitate to let them know how you feel about their cabal with the Republicans. Or write a letter to your local paper about any of it. Feel free to be creative!
- If you haven’t already, read the info sheets on our three main campaign issues: Education Funding, Raise the Age, Voting Reform. Check out our Issues section for info on the other issues as well.
- Pick up the phone and dial your State Senator’s office AND the Governor’s Office
- Download and use our phone scripts for your Senator and the Governor as a guide
- And remember – if you get hold of your representative, be sure to use our Clapbacks and Issue Info Sheets to hold your Senator accountable!
- Lastly – share your experience on social media to get others involved!
This week is shaping up to be ACTION PACKED with demonstrations in many IDCF districts. Check out our new calendar page for details on the march to Jesse Hamilton’s imaginary mobile office, the New Orleans jazz funeral march for all the bills that died in the Senate (Carlucci) and many more.
Would you like to plan a CREATIVE DEMONSTRATION In front of your Senator’s district office? Read our guide and let us know about your event!
Materials for Thursday:
- Phone scripts for Raise the Age, Voting Rights, and Public Education Funding, and Governor Cuomo
- Contact info for the IDCF
And get ready for our LAST action…
FRIDAY – Flyers and Fun
Also, as you engage in direct actions, please take a minute to fill out our Action Response form — we’d like to know how everything goes!