Here’s a list of events talking place this week in various NYS Senate Districts.
Join up with one of these events, or schedule your own! Check back often for new events.
13th Senate District: Senator Peralta
- WHO: NO IDC NY
- WHEN: Saturday, March 25, 12-1pm
- WHERE: PS 69 Jackson Heights School, 7702 37th Ave., Jackson Heights, 11372
- WHAT: Rally and March against IDC and Senator Peralta’s refusal to support full funding owed to NYC public schools.
- LINK: https://www.facebook.com/events/238433379961192/
31st Senate District, Senator Alcantara
- WHO: Rise and Resist
- WHEN: Friday, March 24th, 1-2pm
- WHERE: Senator Alcantara’s office, 5030 Broadway, New York, 10034-1655 (upper Manhattan at 213th street).
- WHAT: Join Rise & Resist as we push our New York State Senators who are members of the IDC to act like real Democrats instead of Democrats in name only, so New York State can have a Democratic majority again!
- LINK: https://www.facebook.com/events/277868285984033/
38th Senate District: Senator Carlucci
Public School Education for All!
- WHO: Ossining and East Ramapo parents, Ossining for Fair Funding, Indivisible Westchester-Rivertowns & Surrounding Areas, Rockland Citizen Action Network, Alliance for Quality Education
- WHEN: March 22nd, 4:30PM
- WHERE: Senator Carlucci’s office, 2 Church St., Ossining, 10562
- WHAT: Press conference calling out Senator Carlucci’s vote shortchanging local schools in state budget and gutting the State’s Foundation Aid formula through which schools in his Senate District are owed $65 million.
- WHO: Rockland United, Rockland Citizens Action Network, and Indivisible Westchester-Rivertowns and Surrounding Areas.
- WHEN: Saturday, March 25, 11am
- WHERE: Rockland County Courthouse, 1 South Main Street, New City, NY
- WHAT: New Orleans Jazz Funeral March to commemorate the progressive legislation that was proposed by the NYS Assembly, but died either in Senate Committee or in the proposed Senate Budget as a result of the NYS Senate IDC-GOP coalition. Dozens of people will participate in this Jazz Funeral, including families and local musicians.
- LINK: https://www.facebook.com/events/284023415359897/
20th Senate District: Senator Hamilton
- Who: Love Trumps Hate – Sunset Park
- When: Saturday, March 25, 12pm and Sunday, March 26, 2pm
- Where: 43rd Street and 5th Avenue
- What: Sunset Park’s schools are overcrowded and underfunded. Our students have a right to a quality public education! Let’s tell our representative, Senator Jesse Hamilton, to walk out on the IDC and support full funding for NYC’s schools!
- Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/271207246655433/
- WHO: Public School Watchdogs
- WHEN: Friday, March 24, 4-6pm
- WHERE: State of New York Executive Chamber, Office of the Governor, 633 3rd Avenue, New York 10017
- WHAT: The 2017-2018 executive budget underfunds schools, removes protections for disabled and special needs children, and promotes privatization and the unequal allocation of scant resources.
- Bring your kids, your most creative signs, and your voices to celebrate parent power and show Governor Cuomo that New York public school families are a force to be reckoned with! This will be an upbeat, family-friendly event.
- LINK: https://www.facebook.com/events/1868087166792696/
- WHO: #GETORGANIZEDBK
- WHEN: Wednesday, March 22nd, 12-1pm
- WHERE: Outside Governor Cuomo’s NYC office, 633 Third Ave
- WHAT: Rally for Reproductive Rights, urge him to get the Reproductive Health Act to the Senate floor for a vote.